7.06.2008

The end...for now.

This is kind of a bittersweet post for me to write. Sweet because I will now be spending more time on my family and with my children and bitter because I love to design and scrapbook and be in this community of other creative minds. My sister Kel and I had this vision in mind many months ago and really put a lot into making this site fun and creative and then slowly got into making kits too. It has been only three months (I know a short time), but the amount of work it required surprised us. Though we both live and breathe scrapbooking and being a creative energy, neither of us want to give up our day job (and night too :) of being full time wives and mothers. Yes, we are taking a break for a while. We will still post and add freebies and new kits, but not on a weekly basis like before. It was too much! I am the mother of four beautiful growing children and want to enjoy them while they are little and need me. There will be time later on in life that I can really pursue the things I want. But for now this chapter will have to wait for another time and is getting put on that shelf titled "Me and My Time". Yes, the shelf is gathering dust, but someday I will get to dust it off and immerse myself in "me". I just feel strongly that this time is for them and that it is far too precious to waste. I was spending so much time sitting in front of my computer, often at night when they had gone to sleep, but it was catching up to me during the day and I was getting tired and grumpy. I am also three months behind in my own scrapbooking. So, my sister and I decided that our family comes first and so we are departing from aggressively trying to get this blog up and going and popular. Offering freebies and kits will continue, but only once in a while...it will give me more time to work on it if I know there isn't a deadline or expectation from others. We want our loyal visitors, fans and customers to know how much we appreciate their comments and support. It really has meant a lot and inspires us for future success when we are ready to come back full-time. Yes, we will be here still and adding things every now and then, so please check back with us and enjoy our sale to clear inventory. If you would like to receive an email every time we update our blog or post something, please send your email address to us and we will add you to our growing list. You are so awesome and again thanks so much! Keep scrappin' and doing what makes you happy. And don't forget to make those special memories with loved ones along the way...it's how you live your life that matters most!

10 comments:

Rochellemagee said...

I'm sad I can't enjoy your freebies as often, but I completely understand why! I have two little girls and sometimes I have to take a step back from all my fun projects and realize that they are more important and the other things can wait till I really have the time (and energy!). Looking forward to see what you come up with and appreciate your work so far!

chicapooh said...

Thank you for all you have contributed to this community! You will be missed, but thank you for the little kick that I needed that even though I'm scrapping my kids, it's better to see them in person that in still life on the computer. Take care of yourselves, and enjoy your family!

Debbie B said...

Totally understand - you should devote your time to your family first - there's never enough time anyway! Thanks and we'll keep looking for your nice freebies in the future!

The Kings said...

Family first. I will miss your great work and look forward to see new things from you from time to time.

utmommy23 said...

While I will miss seeing your designs as often, I understand that family must come first.

Deanna said...

Good for you!! It can be a hard decision to make, but you have made the right choice! Your kids will appreciate it, even if they don't say it. I will miss the kits..they are beautiful, but bow to the greater cause, the future of our world :)

Melissa said...

I know that this wasn't an easy decision to make, but it will be worth it!! Enjoy your children; they grow up so quickly.

Jill said...

Kuddos to you. Take it from me, they are big in the blink of an eye. I have 8 children and only 4 of them are still at home, and won't be for long. It seems like only yesterday my first was born and now she has 3 of her own. Thank you for sharing your time and bits of your life with all of us. Enjoy those kids, they are the most important.

Alyse said...

Thank you for everything! I love your site and your work! I am a brand new Mom and so I am starting to understand the demands of being a Mother. I commend you for realizing what is most important!

Denise said...

This was my first visit to your blog. You have to do what feel right for you. I'm sure you guys will be missed. I know what you are saying though, like you and your sister my family comes first to me as well. You two are very talented. Take care.