1.24.2009

Baseball bat anyone?

It looks like I will be out of commission as far as making new kits nad freebies - for who knows how long. I had a power surge on Thursday and somehow it messed up my drive (the one that holds all my kits and designing stuff) and scrambled all my folders...so I have pieces all over the place!!! >:( And my editing program (DIP) will no longer recognize any of my picture files... all of my scrapbooking stuff is stuck on the drive and I have no way of using any of it...I can't even get it to open without having corrupt image pop up all over the place!!! It is very frustrating...as I cannot upload any of my photos from my camera either. I have cried and cried all day! So tomorrow - we are completing cleaning off the entire computer - - erasing everything!...reformating and reloading everything back on. If it still doesn't work my program is corrupt. Anyway..sniff...sniff! I am not sure when or if I will be able to get back into designing for a while. I guess I will try and hope for the best tomorrow. :'( I can still email and send download links for kits and products purchased so please still take a look in my store and on my kits and freebies links. I just won't have anything new for a while. Sorry for both of us!

9 comments:

Quietangelsb said...

What a bummer! Hope that things look up for you and will keep my fingers crossed that everything gets fixed soon. Hang in there!

Jude said...

Sounds like a nightmare, Kim - hope you can get it all sorted without losing too much. [Hugs]

Melanie said...

Oh no! That is awful news...hope you're able to sort everything out.

Tammy Dunlap said...

Oh no so sorry to hear that! I hope you cna get it all taken care of soon and dont loose anything.

Melissa said...

Big hugs! I hope that you are able to get everything back in working order.

scrappurple said...

You are creative enough to bounce back!! I know you are! Besides, you will feel better after you hit the computer with your baseball bat! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear about that, I hope you are able to recover everything, best of luck and keep your chin up, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, to hear about your 'puter. I had a problem with my Seagate hard drive awhile back. I called Seagate because it was still under warranty. After talking on the phone with the tech he determined the the directory structure had been blown away and it looked my files were still there. Just not accessable. I was given the option to send it back and have the work on it (but, because the drive wasn't "defective" it would cost about $700 because data recovery is time consuming) or to purchase a recovery program they developed for $170. I downloaded their free version to test my drive first. It worked great (all files under 60kb were recovered free trial LOL), it just took forever to run. It prompted me to save a recovery file so I wouldn't have to run it so long after purchasing the license. It was well worth it as I hadn't backed up my photos (smack myself). Good luck with yours!!!

Marsie said...

Wow, computers are just plain UGLY when they fail!! I just lost all mine too .. hang in there and good luck! xxx